Change PGP WDE preboot password on Windows
Symantec Encryption Desktop (PGP) for windows automatically syncs the preboot WDE passphrase to the windows password. To change both windows password and PGP password, use control-alt-delete process to change both password simultaneously.
If Symantec Encryption Desktop (PGP) is setup to NOT use the windows password, follow the procedure below to update the preboot passphrase.
- Open Symantec Encryption Desktop (PGP)
- Click on PGP Disk
- Click on Encrypt Disk
- Select username and then click on Change Passphrase
- Enter in the current WDE passphrase and click ok
- Enter in new PGP WDE passphrase and click ok
- Reboot the computer to verify the preboot passphrase has been changed and works correctly.