Properly install Symantec Encryption Desktop (PGP) on Windows 8, 8.1
A person running Windows 8 or 8.1 uses the native Internet Explorer icon located on the tiled home page will report they cannot install the Symantec Encryption Desktop (PGP) client.
Running the Internet Explorer from the Desktop tile will allow them to save the file to the desktop. This problem only occurs if the person uses IE directly from the tiled home screen.
1) The person will receive a message "The signature of PGPDesktop_10.3.1.msi is corrupt or invalid. Click on the wrench icon shown by the red arrow in the screen shot below.
2) After clicking on the wrench icon, select the choice for view desktop.
3) Hover the mouse on the bottom left corner of the screen and then right click. Select File Explorer from the menu.
4) Choose downloads from the available options.
5) Double click the PGPDesktop icon and then click "More info" when the banner shows up.
6) Click the "Run anyway" button displayed below.
7) Follow all the prompts to fully install the product.