Office 2016 for Mac and Windows
System Requirements for Office 2016
|Office 2016 for Windows||Office 2016 for Mac|
|UCSF Outlook Configuration Guides|
|Microsoft Office QuickStart Guides|
How To Get Office 2016
UCSF IT Field Services and Medical Center IT Supported Systems
- Office 2016 is already included in the standard UCSF Windows 10 and macOS images
- Windows: Office 2016 is available for Pilot Testing for Windows 7. Please contact the IT Service Desk for more details and instructions.
- Mac: Office 2016 is available through the IT Field Services Self Service app on ITFS Managed Macs that meet the minimum system requirements. Please contact the IT Service Desk if you need assistance.
Non-ITFS Supported / Other
- If you have a UCSF email account, a UCSF licensed installer for Microsoft Office 2016 can be downloaded from Microsoft using your UCSF account credentials. See this article from Microsoft for more information.
- If you do not have a UCSF email account, you must purchase a license for Microsoft Office 2016 through the SHI Punch-Out in BearBuy:
- Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016 for Windows SHI Product ID: 31181329
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2016 Standard SHI Product ID: 30760144
What should I do if my computer does not meet the minimum system requirements for Office 2016?
- Call the UCSF IT Service Desk at 415-514-4100 to request assistance with upgrading your computer to meet the minimum system requirements for Office 2016
- Non-ITFS Subscribers can recieve assistance from IT Field Services on an hourly recharge basis
How do I keep my previous settings, archives, and PSTs after upgrading to Outlook 2016?
- Windows: Your settings will automatically be retained when you upgrade to Outlook 2016
- Mac: Outlook 2016 for Mac can import data from previous version of Outlook for Mac as well as PST files from Outlook for Windows. See this article from Microsoft for more information.
How do I uninstall older versions of Office?
- Windows: You can go to add/remove programs under Control Panel and remove it there. If that fails, please reference this KB Article from Microsoft.
- Mac - Office 2011: Click and drag the Microsoft Office 2011 folder in /Applications to the trash. See this Microsoft KB for more information.
- Mac - Older versions of Office: Run the Remove Office utility located in the Additional Tools folder of your Office installation. See this article from Microsoft for more information