Criteria for Basic Support
Basic Desktop Support is available for computers that meet the following criteria:
- The supported equipment is university property, not personally owned
- Computer is 5 years old or less at time of subscription*
- Computer is running Windows 7, Windows 10, or Mac OS released within the last 2 years*
- Windows computers purchased after Monday, May 13, 2013 must have a TPM chipset.
- All computers must be encrypted
- Support technician administrative access exists or can be created on the computer. This can be a local admin account or a domain account with admin access.
- IT can re-image a computer when necessary to resolve an incident or complete a service request. We only back up user profiles, so make sure you have installers and licenses for non-standard software.
- Service Desk has the ability to remotely control the computer with the client’s authorization
- Smartphones & Tablets: iPhone/iPad with current version of iOS; Android 4 or greater
- Standard printers
Support for devices and applications not covered under basic support are available by special arrangement for an hourly charge.
*Once the equipment is under subscription, even if it is more than 5 years old, it will continue to be supported in its current state at the basic level. If there is a hardware or operating system failure, repairs will be supported on a time and materials basis at $79/hour. Additional warranty coverage can usually be purchased to prolong the life of a computer.