Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence
We provide the following services to cater to the reporting needs of various departments at UCSF:
- Establish and maintain single source of true data (in Data Warehouse, Data Marts, and Cubes) and infrastructure for reporting and analysis.
- Build and maintain standard reports & dash boards to cater to enterprise and department’s needs.
- Provide platform and training for self-service reporting and analytics.
Business Intelligence utilizes IBM Cognos tools to deliver Professional Dashboards, Standard Reports, Cubes for doing Analysis and AdHoc Query capabilities.
Using Business Intelligence - Cognos
To access Cognos BI, please go to: https://myaccess.ucsf.edu
Additional Features and Functions
BI Applications Currently in Production:
- MyReports (Financial and Operational Reports). MyReports is UCSF’s campus-wide reporting solution providing financial and human resources data. Owned by the Controller’s Office and supported by ITS, MyReports enables users to answer transactional questions, determine unit net position or sponsored research balance, and manage financial and personnel activity.
- ICR Benchmarking System (Sponsored Financial Activity & Space Reports - data as of December, 2013)
- Cognos Adhoc Prototype (CAP - available and data as of February, 2014)
- Weblinks (available and data as of February, 2014). WebLinks was replaced by MyReports in Fiscal Year 2013-14. Historical data (through February, 2014 general ledger) in the previous chart of accounts can be viewed using WebLinks.
- MyReports Enhancements.
Cognos BI applications are available Monday through Sunday, 7x24 daily except 3rd Sunday of the month for maintenance.
MyReports is available 24x7, except for the third weekend of the month for scheduled maintenance. Please note that between the hours of 8 and 10 p.m. there may be periods of intermittent unavailability due to application/system update activities.
For help with Cognos BI questions or support issues:
- Submit a Get IT help ticket
- Cognos BI Support Schedule Monday - Friday (except holidays), 7.am - 6 p.m.
- Call the UCSF IT Service Desk at 415-514-4100, Option 3
For help with MyReports questions or support issues:
- Email Controller’s Office Solution Center at COSolutionCenter@ucsf.edu
- Call the Controller’s Office Solution Center at 415-476-2126