We're migrating our email service to the cloud...
Get the latest migration information on our Email-to-the-Cloud project page.
Getting an Email Account
- Medical Center employees should submit a Medical Center Account Request form at https://arf.ucsfmedicalcenter.org.
- Student email accounts are set up by the Registrar's Office. Students should contact the Registrar's Office for inquiries about their initial email username and password.
- All others please use the account request form at https://ucsf.service-now.com/ess/order_accounts.do.
- Standard mailbox is 100 GB
- Maximum attachment size is 25 MB
Access your UCSF email account through the feature-rich Outlook Web App (OWA) web mail client.
Use an ActiveSync connection on your mobile device to access your email, calendar, and contacts while you're on the go.
Access to the UCSF email service is provided to UCSF faculty and staff as part of the network recharge.
UCSF Active Directory Account Manager
The UCSF email password reset tool provides a convenient way of managing your user account. Once you set up your profile you can reset your password and unlock your account by answering personal security questions.
The UCSF email system is available 24/7/365.
For help with password resets, mail@UCSF questions, or support issues contact the
UCSF IT Service Desk:
- Phone: 415-514-4100
- Web:https://ucsf.service-now.com/ess/ or
- Email: ITServiceDesk@ucsf.edu
- IT Health Desks are located on the Mission Bay and Parnassus campuses from Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm to provide walk-up support; the locations are listed below.
- Mission Bay - Lobby of Mission Hall, 550 16th St
- Parnassus – Ambulatory Care Center (ACC), 400 Parnassus Ave, Room A084 on the Plaza Level of 400 Parnassus Ave (ACC)
Best Practices - https://it.ucsf.edu/services/email/email-best-practices
Standards and Policy Information
Email Standards - https://it.ucsf.edu/services/email/tutorial/email-standards