FireEye EX Email Security
Understanding FireEye EX Email Security
Currently in pilot mode for email addressed to @anesthesia.ucsf.edu only, FireEye EX email security is an anti-phishing, anti-malware email service and part of the broader FireEye EX threat detection and analytics platform leveraged at UCSF and sister UC campuses. This service taps into FireEye’s global network for continuous updates on new variants of malware providing the most current protection.
FireEye collects extensive threat intelligence on adversaries, firsthand breach investigations and through millions of sensors. Email Security draws on this real evidence and contextual intelligence about attacks and attackers to prioritize alerts and block threats in real time.
Enterprise deployment of FireEye EX is scheduled for November 20, 2017
Additional Email Security Services
The FireEye EX email security service operates 24/7/365
For the best support experience possible, we recommend that you start with the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) webpage.
For help with this service or support issues contact the
UCSF IT Service Desk:
- Phone: 415-514-4100
- Web:https://ucsf.service-now.com/ess/ or
- Email: ITServiceDesk@ucsf.edu
- IT Health Desks are located on the Mission Bay and Parnassus campuses from Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm to provide walk-up support; the locations are listed below.
- Mission Bay - Lobby of Mission Hall, 550 16th St
- Parnassus – Moffitt Cafe, 505 Parnassus Ave, 2nd Floor
Best Practices - https://it.ucsf.edu/services/email/email-best-practices
Standards and Policy Information
Email Standards - https://it.ucsf.edu/services/email/tutorial/email-standards