- What is MyAccess?
- What is a MyAccess ID?
- How do I get a MyAccess ID?
- I’ve forgotten my MyAccess password. How do I reset it?
- How do I request that a MyAccess ID be immediately disabled?
- What are the features and benefits of the MyAccess service?
- I’d like to integrate my application with MyAccess. What do I need to do?
- What is UCTrust?
MyAccess provides central authentication (login) and authorization (access control). It allows campus units to identify their customers and control who has access to applications and resources. Customers can access applications integrated with MyAccess via a single login and menu page.
Go to https://myaccess.ucsf.edu page and click the Get MyAccess link.
MyAccess provides a self-service password reset feature. When you first set up your MyAccess ID, you were asked to select and answer six security questions.
From the MyAccess login page, click the “Forgot Password?” link and correctly answer the challenge questions. You will then be able to change your password.
Call the ITS Customer Support desk at (415) 514-4100. They will create a ticket and forward your request to the correct parties.
MyAccess provides many benefits, including:
- Fewer user names and password to remember and manage
- Authentication (who you are) and authorization (what you are allowed to do)
- Self-service password management and recovery tools
- Automatic account provisioning and privilege management based on role and business rules
- Distributed access management
- Integration with inter-institutional federations such as UCTrust and InCommon
Visit the MyAccess Integration Toolkit. It lists all the steps you must take and provides all the information you will need.
UCTrust was created by the UC system-wide Information Technology Leadership Council in 2006. It forms the basis of a unified identity and access management infrastructure across the University of California system. UCTrust lets authorized people use their local campus credentials to access participating services (Resource Providers) throughout the UC system. At Your Service Online (AYSO), Connexxus travel portal, Effort Reporting System, and Human Resources Learning Management System are accessible using UCTrust. The UC Grid will be available in the near future.