Qualtrics is a web-based survey tool available to all current UCSF® faculty, staff and students to support survey research and program evaluation. Clinical staff interested in using Qualtrics should contact UCSF's Qualtrics Administrators.
- Users shall use Qualtrics for University purposes only.
- Users shall not use Qualtrics for purely clinical and patient related surveys that are not related to academic research.
- Users shall not send unsolicited mass communication (including SPAM) in conjunction with Qualtrics.
- Users are responsible for downloading and securing all survey data in conformity with UCSF policies, procedures, guidelines, standards, and best practices for handling sensitive information.
- Users must abide by UCSF Identity Standards and Use of University Name, Seal and Logo policy.
- Users from the School of Medicine also are required to adhere to the School of Medicine Survey Policy for Medical School Programs.
- UCSF will close Qualtrics accounts when the user separates from UCSF and delete all surveys and results.
- University policies and codes of conduct
- State privacy laws and regulations
- Federal privacy laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Federal copyright laws
- Qualtrics’ Acceptable Use Statement
- All other applicable laws and regulations
Policies Referenced in this Document:
- 650-16 Information Security and Confidentiality
- 050-13 Use of University Name, Seal, and Logo
- UCSF Code of Conduct
- University of California Polices Applying to Campus Activities, Organizations and Students
- UCSF Identity Standards
- Information Security Polices, Procedures, and Guidelines
security.ucsf.edu/EIS/policies_guidelines.html - dsy192-DSY_policies
- School of Medicine Survey Policy for Medical School Programs