On-site Email Mobile Access
Using Active Sync Services
Handheld devices using Microsoft's ActiveSync protocol provide access to email, calendaring and contact information. All ActiveSync based devices are subject to Forced Device Encryption and the UCSF-wide mobile device security standards.
Contact your cell phone service provider for information on ActiveSync enabled mobile devices and find the one that works best for you.
All ActiveSync devices require the purchase of both voice and data plans.
Here's how it works:
- Purchase the device and service plan that best fit your needs.
- Activate your device based on the manufacturer's instructions.
- Please see our configuration instructions for Android and Apple iPhones and iPads.
- Important: ActiveSync supports remote erasing (wiping)* of your device through the Outlook Web App in case your device gets lost or stolen, Erase ActiveSync Mobile Devices Remotely.
* By using ActiveSync on your mobile device, you consent to having your device remotely wiped in the event of suspected theft or loss. Remote wiping may result in the possible loss of personal data on the mobile device. Prevent permanent loss of data; back up your mobile device regularly!