SEP for Mac: Troubleshooting
SEP for Mac provides Anti-virus/Anti-malware (AV) protection and network intrustion prevention technologies (IPS), along with added central management and reporting. Its protection technology may inhibit performance and/or seemingly disrupt any file/folder functionality of your computer. Most issues should subside after the particular SEP protection technology has accomplished its tasks in searching for, and/or remedying, potential risks.
The SEP for Mac FAQ page, tries to cover common/known issues and is a good place to start if you suspect SEP may be misbehaving.
This document will walk you through SEP for Mac's typical behaviors and basic troubleshooting guidelines, as well as how to temporarily disable SEP protection technologies and how get log information that may be needed when calling the Service Desk for further assistance.
Table of Contents:
- SEP for Mac: Troubleshooting
- Common Behaviour from the SEP for Mac Client
- Temporarily disabling the SEP client
- Communications issues for updates to definitions and policies
- Checking Logs on a Mac
- Uninstalling a SEP client
- Reporting issues and Getting Additional Help
- Advanced Troubleshooting for the tech-savvy