SEP for Windows: Troubleshooting
SEP has several protection technologies that may inhibit performance and/or seemingly disrupt functionality of your computer. Most issues should subside after the particular SEP technology has accomplished its tasks in searching for, and/or remedying, potential risks.
The SEP for Windows/Mac FAQ pages, tries to cover common/known issues and is a good place to start if you suspect SEP may be misbehaving.
This document will walk you through SEP for Window's typical behaviors and basic troubleshooting guidelines, as well as how to temporarily disable SEP protection technologies and also how get log information that may be needed when calling the Service Desk for further assistance.
Table of Contents:
- SEP for Windows: Troubleshooting
- Common Behaviour from the SEP Client
- Temporarily disabling SEP
- Viewing SEP client logs
- Repairing malfunctioning SEP components
- Fixing old or stuck definitions
- Uninstall / Reinstall SEP Client
- Reporting issues and Getting Additional Help
- Advanced Troubleshooting for the tech-savvy