UCSF Active Directory Customer Accounts
A Microsoft-based technology that provides a variety of network services, including:
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
- Kerberos-based authentication
- DNS-based naming
- Central location for network administration and delegation of authority
Using Active Directory (AD)
- Computer logon
- mail@UCSF account logon
- Networked drives
Additional Features and Functions
Most customers use AD credentials to log into their UCSF email account. To ensure that your Active Directory account is correctly provisioned, please direct requests to your departmental IT support staff.
There is no direct charge for an Active Directory account.
Access to Active Directory accounts is available 24/7/365, outside of routine maintenance windows.
For help with password resets or support issues:
- Submit a ticket at https://ucsf.service-now.com/ess/
- Call the UCSF IT Service Desk at 415-514-4100