Create an account and use Box
Box.com will provide secured cloud file storage and sharing for the UCSF Enterprise. It is intended to provide highly mobile users access to their data. Use Box to securely store, share, and collaborate on documents both internally and externally. Rather than using email to send attachment, you can use Box to send larger files and content blocked by Exchange. Box offers a user-friendly web interface and enterprise security. For mobile devices, you try the Box Mobile Client, available for iOS, Android, and other platforms. To sync Box files to your desktop, use Box Desktop Sync.
Creating and Logging in to Your UCSF Box Account
- Navigate to https://ucsf.box.com
- Click on Continue
- Enter your MyAccess or AD domain credentials and click Login
The Box Sync utility keeps files from their Box accounts in sync with their computer desktops.
Install Box Sync: https://sites.box.com/sync4/
Box Sync 4 - Windows: https://box.com:443/sync4windows
Box Sync 4 - OSX: http://box.com/sync4mac
Table of Contents:
- Create an account and use Box
- Using Box Sync
- What Should You Sync?
- Adding Files Via Upload Files
- Adding Files Via Bulk Upload (Bulk Upload requires Java)
- How to Collaborate:
- How to generate a shared link:
- Adding a Discussion to a Folder
- File Locking and Version Control
- Download and Lock a File to Edit
- Version Control