Computing and Application Related Listservs
These Listservs are used to communicate information on computing and technical issues, UCSF applications, software, etc.
UCSF ITS/Medical Center IT Computing Related Listservs
These listservs are used by the Campus and Medical Center IT groups to communicate important IT-related messages to the UCSF community. Subscription to these listservs is self-managed via the Listserv Account Registration form found at the ITS Help site. Archive information for each listserv is noted below.
- MCIT-INFO(Medical Center IT Notices)
- Medical Center IT outage, security and network updates. Archived from 11 September 2008.
- NETWORK-UPDATE(Campus Network Notices)
- Campus network updates and service outage information. Archived from 30 April 2008.
- UCSF-ITS-INFO (replaces OAAIS-INFO) (General UCSF ITS Notices)
- UCSF ITS announcements, emergency outages & IT related info. Archived from 4 February 2011.
OAAIS-INFO(replaced by UCSF-ITS-INFO)(General UCSF ITS Notices)
- UCSF ITS announcements, emergency outages & IT related info. Archived from 5 May 2008 to 4 February 2011.
- ITSERVICEALERTS(IT Service Alerts)
- A weekly digest of scheduled maintenance operations
- SECURITY-UPDATE(Campus IT Security Notices)
- Campus IT security updates and information. Archived from 14 May 2008.
Computing Related Discussion Listservs
These listservs are used to promote peer-to-peer discussions. To subscribe to one of these lists, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, leave the subject line blank and make the first line of the mail read Subscribe listname your_full_name (Example: Subscribe IT-FORUM John Doe). Archive information for each listserv is noted below.
ADMIN-L(No Longer Available. This lists was decommissioned in August 2008 and split into four listservs: IT-FORUM, NETWORK-UPDATE, OAAIS-INFO and SECURITY-UPDATE)
- IT-FORUM(UCSF IT-Related Questions and Discussions)
- An open forum for UCSF employees to have IT-related conversations and to post IT-related news or questions.
- Campus-wide peer-to-peer IT discussion. Archived from 7 May 2008
- MACOSX-L(Mac OS X Discussion)
- Discussion of problems and solutions for Mac OS X users at UCSF. Archived from 15 March 2002.
- NIX-L(Linus and Unix Discussion)
- Discussion of problems and solutions for Linux and UNIX users and system administrators. Archived from 21 September 2007.
- PROGRAMMING(Discussion List for Programmers)
- Share/Leverage programming expertise across the UCSF. Archived from 8 Dec 2008.
- WEBMASTR(UCSF Website Owners)
- Staff handling development/maintenance of UCSF websites. Archived from 5 March 2001.
UCSF Application Related Listservs
These listservs are used to send targeted communications to customers of UCSF applications. Subscription to these listservs is automated and limited to those employees with active user accounts for each respective application. It is not possible to manually add employees to these listservs. Archive information for these listservs are noted below.
- CONNEXXUSUSER(Connexxus Travel Portal Users)
- This listserv is not archived
- HBS-CAMPUS(Campus Administrators-HBS Timesheet System)
- Archived from November 2009 (archives are not available online)
- HBS-MEDCTR(Medical Center Administrators-HBS Timesheet System)
- Archived from October 2009 (archives are not available online)
- ONLINE-L(Online Payroll/Personnel System-OLPPS users)
- Archived from May 2002 (archives are not available online)
- PEOPLESOFT(Peoplesoft users)
- Archived from 7 June 2004
- REMEDY-ADMIN(Administrative Remedy Support account holders)
- Archived from 29 November 2006
- REMEDY-L(All Remedy Support account holders)
- Archived from 29 November 2006
- WEBLINKS-L(Weblinks users)
- Archived from 14 February 2003