UCSF Voicemail is the new term for the UCSF campus advanced voicemail system that utilizes the Cisco Unity Connection Voice Messages platform to record and deliver voicemail messages to your UCSF email in-box.
With Cisco Unity, you will be able to:
- Access and manage your voicemail messages and view missed calls from your Outlook inbox or your mobile phone.
- Read your voicemail messages with automatic speech to text from your Outlook inbox and mobile phone.
- Customize caller greetings and call transfer options to reduce the likelihood of missing an important call.
There is no cost for a voicemail box on the UCSF Voicemail system.
You must have an email account hosted on the UCSF email service (@ucsf.edu) to obtain a UCSF Voicemail account.
To request voicemail or if you have any questions about your voicemail account, please contact the Service Desk at 415-514-4100 or submit a request online at https://ucsf.service-now.com/ess/ and use these steps:
- Order Specific IT Services
- Select: Voice, Video & Pager Services
- Select: Telephone Hardware and Voice Services Request (Add, change or disconnect telephone line or hardware, voice mail, ports (wall jack) and ACD)