Unified Messaging Voicemail
Unified Messaging (UM) is the new term for the UCSF campus advanced voicemail system that utilizes the campus hosted Microsoft Exchange email system to record and deliver voicemail messages to your Exchange email in-box.
With Exchange Unified Messaging, you will be able to:
- Access and manage your voicemail messages and view missed calls from your Outlook inbox, Outlook Web Access (OWA) portal, or your mobile phone.
- Read your voicemail messages with automatic speech to text from your Outlook inbox and mobile phone.
- Customize caller greetings and call transfer options to reduce the likelihood of missing an important call.
- Reset your voicemail password without having to call the IT Service Desk:
1. Log onto Exchange Outlook Web App (OWA) at https://mail.ucsf.edu
2. After logging into OWA, click on the Options button in the upper right hand corner of the screen and then click on See All Options.
3. Next click on Phone on the left hand side of the screen and under Voice Mail click on Reset my voicemail PIN.
4. You will be asked to confirm that you want to reset the PIN. Click on OK. Exchange will randomly generate a new PIN.
5. You will receive a confirmation email message containing the new PIN from Microsoft Exchange.
There is no cost for a voicemail box on the Unified Messaging voicemail system.
You must have an email account hosted on the campus Exchange email service (@ucsf.edu) to obtain a UM voicemail account. If you are a Medical Center customer, you will be migrated to the new voicemail system with the deployment of your new Cisco VOIP phone.
To request voicemail or if you have any questions about your voicemail account, please contact the Service Desk at 415-514-4100 or submit a request online at https://ucsf.service-now.com/ess/ and use these steps:
- Order Specific IT Services
- Select: Voice, Video & Pager Services
- Select: Telephone Hardware and Voice Services Request (Add, change or disconnect telephone line or hardware, voice mail, ports (wall jack) and ACD)
Quick Reference Guides & Tutorials