Security Update: Apple Announces Release of OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.3 and Security Updates for OS X Operating Systems
Date and Time
Apple released an update for OS X operating systems to address several vulnerabilities.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to Apple Security Updates.
- OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.8
- OS X Snow Leopard Server v10.6.8
- OS X Lion v10.7 to v10.7.5
- OS X Lion Server v10.7 to v10.7.5
- OS X Mountain Lion v10.8 and v10.8.2
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Out of date operating system could be used to intercept user credentials or other sensitive information or allow unauthorized person take over your computer.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you have a computer support coordinator (CSC), no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have a CSC or they do not support your computer, updates may be obtained from the Software Update pane in System Preferences, or Apple's Software Downloads web site.