Security Update: Apple Released Safari 6.1 for Lion and Mountain Lion to Address Multiple Vulnerabilities
Date and Time
Apple released Safari 6.1 for OS X 10.7.5 (Lion) and OS X Server 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion) to address multiple vulnerabilities.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to Apple Security Update where Apple will publish details.
- OS X Lion v10.7.5
- OS X Lion Server v10.7.5
- OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
The vulnerability may allow a hacker to take over your computer or expose sensitive data.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
1. If you have a computer support coordinator (CSC), no action on your part is required.
2. If you do not have a CSC or they do not support your computer, updates may be obtained for:
- OS X Lion systems through the Apple Software Update application.
- OS X Mountain Lion systems from the Mac App Store.