Security Update: Apple Released Safari 6.1.1 and 7.0.1 to Address 2 Significant Vulnerabilities
Date and Time
Apple released Safari 6.1.1 and 7.0.1 to address 2 significant vulnerabilities.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to About the security content of Safari 6.1.1 and Safari 7.0.1 at http://support[.]apple[.]com/kb/HT6082.
- OS X Lion v10.7.5
- OS X Lion Server v10.7.5
- OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5
- OS X Mavericks v10.9
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
The vulnerabilities may lead to credential disclosure or allow a hacker to take over your computer.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
1. If you have IT Support, no action on your part is required.
2. If you do not IT Support or they do not support your computer, updates may be obtained for:
- OS X Lion systems through the Apple Software Update application.
- OS X Mountain Lion systems from the Mac App Store at http://www[.]apple[.]com/osx/apps/app-store[.]html.
- OS X Mavericks systems, Safari 7.0.1 will be included in OS X Mavericks 10.9.1.
- Apple Security Update - http://support[.]apple[.]com/kb/HT1222
- ITS Security & Policy - http://security[.]ucsf[.]edu/