Security Update: Apple Released Safari 6.1.2 and 7.02 for OSX Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks to Addres a Critical Vulnerability
Date and Time
Apple released Safari 6.1.2 and Safari 7.0.2 to address a critical vulnerability.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to About the Security Content of Safari 6.1.2 and Safari 7.0.2 at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6145.
- OS X Lion v10.7.5
- OS X Lion Server v10.7.5
- OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5
- OS X Mavericks v10.9.1
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Visiting a maliciously crafted website may lead to an unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
1. If you have a computer support coordinator (CSC), no action on your part is required.
2. If you do not have a CSC or they do not support your computer, updates may be obtained for:
- OS X Mavericks systems, Safari 7.0.2 will be included in OS X Mavericks 10.9.2.
- OS X Mountain Lion systems Safari 6.1.2 may be obtained from Mac App Store.
- OS X Lion systems Safari 6.1.2 is available via the Apple Software Update application.