Security Update: Security Update: Safari 6.1.3 and Safari 7.0.3 is Available for OS X Lion and Mountain Lion
Date and Time
Apple released Safari 6.1.3 and Safari 7.0.3 to address a critical vulnerability.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to About the Security Content of Safari 6.1.3 and Safari 7.0.3 at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6181.
- OS X Lion v10.7.5
- OS X Lion Server v10.7.5
- OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5
- OS X Mavericks v10.9.2
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Visiting a maliciously crafted website may allow an attacker to take control of your computer.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
1. If IT Field Services or you have other IT support, no action on your part is required.
2. If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained for:
- For OS X Mavericks and OS X Mountain Lion systems, Safari 7.0.3 and Safari 6.1.3 may be obtained from Mac App Store.
- For OS X Lion systems Safari 6.1.3 is available via the Apple Software Update application.
- Apple Security Update at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
- ITS Security & Policy at /security