Security Update: Apple Releases Firmware Update 7.7.3 For AirportBase Stations to Address Heartbleed Bug
Date and Time
Apple announced the release of AirPort Base Station Firmware Update 7.7.3 to address Heartbleed bug.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to Apple Security Updates at http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1222 where Apple will post the full report.
AirPort Extreme and AirPort Time Capsule base stations with 802.11ac With Back to My Mac or Send Diagnostics enabled.
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Out of date software could allow an unauthorized individual to obtain confidential data.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your firmware (software for hardware)
1. If you have IT Support, no action on your part is required.
2. If you do not have IT Support or they do not support your Airport device:
- Firmware version 7.7.3 is installed on AirPort Extreme or AirPort Time Capsule base stations with 802.11ac using AirPort Utility for Mac or iOS.
- Use AirPort Utility 6.3.1 or later on OS X, or AirPort Utility 1.3.1 or later on iOS to upgrade to Firmware version 7.7.3.
- AirPort Utility for Mac is a free download from http://support.apple.com/downloads/ and AirPort Utility for iOS is a free download from the App Store.
- Apple Security Update at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
- IT Heartbleed Bug Important Information (UCSF) - /news/security/heartbleed-bug-important-information
- IT Security at http://security.ucsf.edu