Security Update: Apple Releases Security Update for Mac OS X Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks
Date and Time
Apple released Security Update 2014-002 to enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to Apple Security Updates (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1222) where Apple will post the full report.
- Mac OS X Lion v10.7.5
- Mac OS X Lion Server v10.7.5
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5
- Mac OS X Mavericks v10.9.2
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Visiting a maliciously crafted website or opening a malicious file with out-of-date software could allow a hacker to take control of your computer or expose sensitive data.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
1. If you have a computer support coordinator (CSC), no action on your part is required.
2. If you do not have a CSC or they do not support your computer, updates may be obtained from the Software Update pane in System Preferences, or Apple's Software Downloads web site at http://support.apple.com/downloads/.
- Apple Security Update at http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1222
- ITS Security & Policy at http://security.ucsf.edu/