Security Update:Apple Released Safari 6.1.6 and Safari 7.0.6
Date and Time
Apple released Safari 6.1.6 and Safari 7.0.6 to address a memory vulnerability.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to Apple Security Updates at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222 where Apple will post the full report.
- OS X Lion v10.7.5
- OS X Lion Server v10.7.5
- OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5
- OS X Mavericks v10.9.4
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Visiting a maliciously crafted website may allow an attacker to take control of your computer.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If IT Field Services or you have other IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained for:
- For OS X Mavericks and OS X Mountain Lion systems, Safari 7.0.6 and Safari 6.1.6 may be obtained from Mac App Store.
- For OS X Lion systems Safari 6.1.6 is available via the Apple Software Update application.