Security Update:Apple Released OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 and Security Update 2014-004 to Address Multiple Vulnerabilities in Mac OS X
Date and Time
Mac OS X Users
Apple released OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 and Security Update 2014-004 to address multiple vulnerabilities.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to Apple Security Updates at https://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222 where Apple will post the full report.
- Mac OS X Lion v10.7.5
- Mac OS X Lion Server v10.7.5
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5 to v10.8.4
- OS X Mavericks 10.9 to 10.9.4
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Out of date software could allow a hacker to take control of your computer or expose sensitive data.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If IT Field Services or you have other IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, OS X Mavericks v10.9.5 and Security Update 2014-004 may be obtained from the Mac App Store or Apple's Software Downloads web site: https://support.apple.com/downloads/.
- Apple Security Update at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security