Security Update:Microsoft Released October 2014 Updates to Address 3 Critical and 5 Important Vulnerabilities
Date and Time
Microsoft Software Users
Microsoft released their October 2014 updates to address 3 Critical and 5 Important vulnerabilities in Microsoft Software.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for October 2014 at https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/ms14-oct.
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Microsoft Developer Tools
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Office Services
- Microsoft Web Apps
- Microsoft Windows
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
If any of the vulnerabilities are exploited, this could allow an attacker to take control of your computer or cause a denial of service.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer, refer to Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for October 2014 at https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/ms14-oct on how to obtain the latest updates for your specific software.
- IT Security - http://it.ucsf.edu/security