Security Update:Microsoft Releases Their Fix-it Tool to Address SSL 3.0 Vulnerability in Internet Explorer (Windows only)
Date and Time
Internet Explorer (Windows Operating System)
Microsoft released an updated Security Advisory to include an easy, one-click Fix-it tool that customers can use to disable SSL 3.0 in all supported versions of Internet Explorer.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and update refer to Microsoft’s updated Security Advisory 3009008 - SSL 3.0 Could Allow Information Disclosure Security Bulletin Summary at https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/3009008.
- Internet Explorer (Windows Operating System)
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
If any of the vulnerabilities are exploited, this could lead to data being exposed.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
The Fix it solution is not intended to replace any security update. We recommend that you always install the latest security updates. However, this Fix it solution as a workaround option for some scenarios.
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer, refer to Microsoft’s Fix-It tool at https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3009008.
- Signification Vulnerability SSL 3.0 Affecting All Users (Referred to as the Poodle Attack) - http://it.ucsf.edu/status/2014-10-20/significant-vulnerability-ssl-30-af...
- IT Security – http://it.ucsf.edu/security