Security Update:VMWare Released Security Updates to Address Multiple Vulnerabilities
Date and Time
VMware has released a security advisory to address multiple vulnerabilities in vCenter Server, vCenter Server Appliance, and ESXi.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to VMware Security Advisory VMSA-2014-012 at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2014-0012.html.
- VMware vCenter Server Appliance 5.1 Prior to Update 3
- VMware vCenter Server 5.5 prior to Update 2
- VMware vCenter Server 5.1 prior to Update 3
- VMware vCenter Server 5.0 prior to Update 3c
- VMware ESXi 5.1 without patch ESXi510-201412101-SG
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Exploitation of these vulnerabilities may allow a remote attacker to perform man-in-the-middle or cross-site scripting attacks.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
- If IT Field Services or you have other IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through VMware Security Advisory VMSA-2014-012 at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2014-0012.html.
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security