Date and Time
Open SSL Users
OpenSSL announced the release of updates to address 8 vulnerabilities.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the vulnerabilities and affected versions visit OpenSSL Security Advisory [08 Jan 2015] at https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20150108.txt.
- OpenSSL 1.0.1k for 1.0.1 users
- OpenSSL 1.0.0p for 1.0.0 users
- OpenSSL 0.9.8zd for 0.9.8 users
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Exploitation of a vulnerable version of OpenSSL, may allow an attacker to cause a Denial of Service (DoS) condition.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
Update your software
- If IT Field Services or you have other IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through OpenSSL Security Advisory [08 Jan 2015] at https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20150108.txt.
- ITS Security & Policy at http://it.ucsf.edu/security