Security Update:Oracle Released Updates to Address 169 Vulnerabilities in Various Oracle Products
Date and Time
Oracle Software Users
Oracle released their January 2015 Critical Patch Update to address 169 new security vulnerabilities in various Oracle products.
Oracle has received specific reports of malicious exploitation of vulnerabilities for which Oracle has already released fixes. In some instances, it has been reported that malicious attackers have been successful because customers had failed to apply these Oracle patches.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the vulnerabilities, affected software and updates refer to Oracle Critical Patch Update Advisory - January 2015 at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/security/cpujan2015-1972971.html.
- Oracle and Sun Systems Products Suite
- Oracle Applications - E-Business Suite
- Oracle Applications - Oracle Supply Chain, PeopleSoft Enterprise, JD Edwards Product Suite, Siebel and iLearning
- Oracle Communications Industry Suite
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Oracle Fusion Applications
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle Health Sciences Industry Suite
- Oracle Java SE
- Oracle Linux and Virtualization Products
- Oracle MySQL
- Oracle Retail Industry Suite
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Due to the threat posed by a successful attack, Oracle strongly recommends that customers apply CPU fixes as soon as possible.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Oracle therefore strongly recommends that customers remain on actively-supported versions and apply Critical Patch Update fixes without delay.
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer, refer to Oracle Critical Patch Update Advisory - January 2015 at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/security/cpujan2015-1972971.html.
- IT Security - http://it.ucsf.edu/security