Security Update:VMware Released Security Updates for VMware vCenter Server, ESXi, Workstation, Player, and Fusion to Address Multiple Vulnerabilities
Date and Time
VMware vCenter Server, ESXi, Workstation, Player, and Fusion Users
VMware has released a security advisory to address multiple vulnerabilities in ESXi, vCenter and VMware.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to VMware Security Advisory VMSA-2015-0001 at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2015-0001.html.
- ESXi 5.0 without patch ESXi500-201405101-SG
- ESXi 5.1 without patch ESXi510-201404101-SG
- ESXi 5.5 without patch ESXi550-201403102-SG, ESXi550-201501101-SG
- vCenter Server 5.5 prior to Update 2d
- VMware Fusion 6.x prior to version 6.0.5
- VMware Fusion 7.x prior to version 7.0.1
- VMware Player 6.x prior to version 6.0.5
- VMware Workstation 10.x prior to version 10.0.5
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Exploitation of these vulnerabilities may allow may allow for privilege escalation on the host.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
- If IT Field Services or you have other IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through VMware Security Advisory VMSA-2015-0001 at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2015-0001.html.
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security