Security Update:Apple Released Security Updates to Address Various Vulnerabilities (Including Freak)
Date and Time
Mac OSX Users
Apple released Security Update 2015-002 to address multiple vulnerabilities.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- About Security Update 2015-002 at About Security Update 2015-002 - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204413.
- OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5
- OS X Mavericks v10.9.5
- OS X Yosemite v10.10.2
At this time, IT is recommending against upgrading to Yosemite until IT is able to fully test compatibility and confirm vendor support with standard supported software.
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Out of date software could allow a hacker to take control of your computer or expose sensitive data.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If IT Field Services or you have other IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained from the Mac App Store or Apple's Software Downloads web site: https://support.apple.com/downloads/.
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security