Security Update:Critical Vulnerability Affecting Adobe Flash Player (Window, Mac and Linux Users)
Date and Time
Critical Vulnerability Affecting Adobe Flash Player (Window, Mac and Linux Users)
Adobe has released security updates to address a critical vulnerability affecting Window, Mac, and Linux Flash Player users.
Adobe is aware of reports that this is being actively exploited in the wild via limited, targeted attacks. Systems running Internet Explorer for Windows 7 and below; as well as Firefox on Windows XP are known targets.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to Adobe Security Bulletin – APSB15-14 - https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb15-14.html.
- Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh
- Adobe Flash Player Extended Support Release version 220.127.116.112 and earlier 13.x versions for Windows and Macintosh
- Adobe Flash Player 18.104.22.1686 and earlier 11.x versions
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
You may not be aware you’re using Adobe Flash Player and other Adobe products but it is freely available on most web browsers (such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome and Safari). And out dated programs may allow an attacker to take control of your computer.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer:
- To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player installed on your system, access the About Flash Player page, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe (or Macromedia) Flash Player" from the menu.
- If you use multiple browsers, perform the check for each browser you have installed on your system.
- Refer to Adobe Security Bulletin – APSB15-14 - https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb15-14.html on how to obtain updates.
- IT Security - http://it.ucsf.edu/security