Security Update:Critical Security Issue in VMware Workstation, Player and Horizon View Client for Windows
Date and Time
Windows VMware Users
VMware has released a security advisory to address a critical security issue in VMware Workstation, Player and Horizon View Client for Windows.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to VMware Security Advisory VMSA-2015-0005 at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2015-0005.html
- VMware Workstation 11.1.1
- VMware Workstation 10.0.7
- VMware Player 7.1.1
- VMware Player 6.0.7
- VMware Horizon Client for Windows (with Local Mode Option) 5.4.2
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Exploitation of this vulnerability may allow an attacker to take control of an affected VMware system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
- If IT Field Services or you have other IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through VMware Security Advisory VMSA-2015-0005 at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2015-0005.html.
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security