Security Update:Microsoft Releases Emergency Patch for Critical Vulnerability in Windows
Date and Time
Microsoft Windows Users
Microsoft released Microsoft has released an out of band security update to address a critical vulnerability in Windows.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to Microsoft Security Bulletin MS15-078 – Critical (Vulnerability in Microsoft Font Driver Could Allow Remote Code Execution (3079904)) at https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/MS15-078.
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows RT and Windows RT 8.1
- Server Core installation option
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Exploitation of this vulnerability may allow a remote attacker to take control of an affected system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer, refer to:
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS15-078 at https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/MS15-078
- IT Security - http://it.ucsf.edu/security