Security Update:Apple Released a Newer Version of Safari to Address Multiple Vulnerabilities
Date and Time
Safari OSX Users
Apple released Safari 8.0.8, Safari 7.1.8, and Safari 6.2.8 to address multiple vulnerabilities.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to About the Security Content of Safari 8.0.8, Safari 7.1.8 and Safari 6.2.8 at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205033.
- OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5
- OS X Mavericks v10.9.5
- OS X Yosemite v10.10.4
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
The most severe vulnerability could lead to the disclosure of sensitive information or someone taking control of your computer.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
1. If IT Field Services or you have other IT support, no action on your part is required.
2. If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained from Mac App Store.
- Apple Security Updates at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security