Security Update:Updates Released to Address Multiple Critical Vulnerabilities in Office 2011 (Mac OS X)
Date and Time
Mac Microsoft Office 2011 Users
Microsoft released Office 2011 14.5.4 for Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or later to patch multiple critical vulnerabilities.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to Microsoft Security Bulletin MS15-081 - Critical at https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/MS15-081.
- Office 2011
- Office 2011 Home and Business Edition
- Word 2011
- Excel 2011, PowerPoint 2011
- Outlook 2011
- Office for Mac Standard 2011 Edition
- Microsoft Office for Mac Home & Student 2011
- Microsoft Office for Mac Academic 2011
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Some of these vulnerabilities, if exploited, could allow an unauthorized individual to take control of your computer or disclose information.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac users are encouraged to install these updates as soon as possible.
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer, Mac users can update your software by:
- Using Microsoft's AutoUpdate application; or
- Visiting the Microsoft Download Center at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48565.
- Intego’s Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.5.4 Update Patches Multiple Security Flaws - http://www.intego.com/mac-security-blog/microsoft-office-for-mac-2011-14...
- IT Security - http://it.ucsf.edu/security