Security Update:Apple Released Xcode 7.0 and OS X Server to Address Multiple Vulnerabilities Affecting Yosemite v10.10.4
Date and Time
OS X Yosemite v10.10.4 or Later Users
Apple released Xcode 7.0 and OS X Server 5.0.3 to address several vulnerabilities.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- About the Security Content of Xcode 7.0 at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205217
- About the Security Content of OS X Server 5.0.3 at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205219
- OS X Yosemite v10.10.4 or later
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Out of date software could result in bypassing access restrictions or someone taking control of your computer.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If IT Field Services or you have other IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained from:
- Xcode 7.0: https://developer.apple.com/xcode/downloads/
To check that the Xcode has been updated:
o Select Xcode in the menu bar
o Select About Xcode
o The version after applying this update will be "7.0"
- OS X Server 5.0.3 may be obtained from the Mac App Store.
- Apple Security Updates at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security