Security Update:Apple Released Security Updates for Windows Quicktime Users
Date and Time
Windows' Quicktime Users
Apple has released a security update to address multiple vulnerabilities in QuickTime for Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to About the Security Content of QuickTime 7.7.9 at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205638.
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista (no longer supported by IT)
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Successful exploitation of the vulnerability could allow an attacker to take control of your computer.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If IT Field Services or you have other IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, QuickTime 7.7.9 may be obtained from the QuickTime Downloads site at http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/.
- Apple Security Updates at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security