Security Update:Mozilla Released Security Updates to Address a Significant Vulnerability in Firefox
Date and Time
The Mozilla Foundation has released security updates to address various critical and high vulnerabilities in Firefox and Firefox ESR. Mozilla classifies a critical vulnerability when no user interaction beyond normal browsing is required to exploit vulnerabilities.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to Mozilla Foundation Security Advisory 2015-150 at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2015-150/.
- Firefox 43.0.1 and lower
- Firefox ESR 38.5.1 and lower
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Exploitation of the vulnerability may allow an attacker to obtain sensitive information from an affected system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer, Firefox is setup by default to auto update; but if you disabled that function and you need to manually update refer to:
- Mozilla Foundation Security Advisory 2015-150 at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2015-150/
- IT Security - http://it.ucsf.edu/security