Security Update:Microsoft Releases March 2016 Security Updates to Address Critical and Important Vulnerabilities
Date and Time
Microsoft Software Users
Microsoft released their March 2016 updates to address 5 Critical and 8 Important vulnerabilities in various Microsoft products.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for March 2016 at https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/ms16-mar.
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
- Microsoft Server Software
- Microsoft Windows
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Some of these vulnerabilities, if exploited, could allow an unauthorized individual to take control of your computer.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer, refer to Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for March 2016 at https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/ms16-mar.
- IT Security – http://it.ucsf.edu/security