Security Update:Adobe Flash Player for All Users
Date and Time
All Adobe Flash Player Users
Adobe released security updates to address multiple vulnerabilities in Flash Player for Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Chrome OS.
***Adobe is aware of a report that an exploit for CVE-2016-4117 exists in the wild. ***
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to Adobe Security Bulletin APSB16-15 at https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb16-15.html.
- Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206 and earlier versions for Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Chrome OS
- For a complete list of affected products, versions and platform refer to APSB16-15 at https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb16-15.html.
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
- You may not be aware you’re using Adobe Flash Player and other Adobe products but it is freely available on most web browsers (such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome and Safari).
- Exploitation of this vulnerability may allow a remote attacker to take control of an affected system or cause the system to crash.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer:
- Adobe recommends users of Adobe Flash Player, who have not already done so, immediately update to the current version of Flash Player via the update mechanism within the product or by visiting the Adobe Flash Player Download Center at https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.
o If you use multiple browsers, install the update in each browser you have installed on your system.
o To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player installed on your system, access the About Flash Player page at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe (or Macromedia) Flash Player" from the menu.
- Vulnerability Summary for CVE-2016-4117 - https://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2016-4117
- IT Security - http://it.ucsf.edu/security