Security Update:Microsoft Released Security Updates to Address 5 Critical and 11 Important Vulnerabilities
Date and Time
Microsoft Software Users
Microsoft released their June 2016 updates to address 5 Critical and 11 Important vulnerabilities in various Microsoft products.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for June 2016 at https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/ms16-jun.
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
- Microsoft Windows
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Some of these vulnerabilities, if exploited, could allow an unauthorized individual to take control of your computer or cause a denial of service.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer, refer to Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for June 2016 at https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/ms16-jun.
- IT Security – http://it.ucsf.edu/security