Security Update:VMware Released an Important Security Update for vCenter Server
Date and Time
vCenter Server Users
VMware has released security updates to address an Important vulnerability in vCenter Server.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to VMware Security Advisory VMSA-2016-0009 at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2016-0009.html.
- vCenter Server 5.5 prior to 5.5 update 2d
- vCenter Server 5.1 prior to 5.1 update 3d
- vCenter Server 5.0 prior to 5.0 update 3g
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Exploitation of one of these vulnerabilities could allow an attacker to exploit this issue by tricking a victim into clicking a malicious link.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
VMware recommends customers to review the patch/release notes for your product and version and verify the checksum of your downloaded file.
- If IT Field Services or you have other IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through VMware Security Advisory VMSA-2016-0009 at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2016-0009.html.
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security