Security Update:OpenSSL Releases Updates to Address a Dozen Flaws; Including 1 With High-Severity Rating
Date and Time
OpenSSL announced the release of updates to address 1 high-severity flaw and 11 other flaws.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the vulnerabilities and affected versions visit OpenSSL Security Advisory [22 Sep 2016] at https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv/20160922.txt.
AVAILABLE UPDATES INCLUDE:
- OpenSSL 1.1.0a for 1.1.0 users
- OpenSSL 1.0.2i for 1.0.2 users
- OpenSSL 1.0.1u for 1.0.1 users
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Exploitation of some of these vulnerabilities may allow a remote attacker to cause a denial-of-service condition.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
Upgrade your software
- If IT Field Services or you have other IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through visit OpenSSL Security Advisory [22 Sep 2016] at https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv/20160922.txt.
- OpenSSL Swats A Dozen Bugs, One Notable Nasty - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/09/23/openssl_swats_a_dozen_bugs_one_n...
- IT Security - http://it.ucsf.edu/security