Scheduled Maintenance:APeX and APeX Transparent Update Lockdown
Date and Time
APeX Technical Team will apply the Epic 2015 DEC SU bundle to the production environment.
For the December update, UCSF IT is using the transparent update process for this APeX maintenance event. During the “transparent lockdown” period from Friday, December 9, 6:00 a.m. to Sunday, December 11, 2:00 a.m., customers will not be able to make changes that customize certain aspects of your workflows. This is because the update process is updating related data behind the scenes. For more information, please click HERE. APeX will be Read Only during the scheduled timeframe to apply the December update. For more detailed information, please refer to the APeX Downtime Flyer or APeX Downtime Binder available at all nursing units.
- Customers will NOT be able to connect to the APeX production environment from Medical Center computer desktops or via the web access portal (https://apex.ucsf.edu or https://connect.ucsfmedicalcenter.org).
- Customers and patients will NOT be able to access their records during the downtime via https://www.ucsfhealth.org/ucsfmychart/. Customers accessing the site will receive a message that the site is down for maintenance.
- APeX Read Only will be available on all PCs during this downtime to view patient information. To access, click on the Windows Start Button à All Programs à APeX Read Only, and logon using your standard username and password.
- APeX will NOT be available for documentation and ordering during this timeframe.
- APeX DOWNTIME/BCA computers will provide view of eMAR and ability to print MARs for downtime.
- Print your patients’ MARs, ONLY AS NEEDED, for your unit at 01:15 a.m. on Sunday, December 11.
- Documentation completed on paper is required to be back charted into APeX after this maintenance event.
- All results will be held in interface queues and processed when system returns to service.
- Pyxis will NOT be on critical override.
- New patients will require manual entry into Pyxis (First, Last Name & CSN). Do NOT use the MRN and do not leave blank.
Patient wristbands will NOT auto print.
- Wristbands can be made with a hand written or existing patient label in the interim, but MUST be replaced with APeX wristbands after this maintenance event.
- A copy of the Nursing Flyers can be found at: http://myapex.ucsf.edu/system/files/Apex_Updates/APEX%20SCHEDULED%20MAINTENANCE_12-11-2016.pdf
- External access to the Nursing Flyers will require a VPN connection.