Security Update:Mozilla Released Security Updates to Address Critical and High Impacting Vulnerabilities in Firefox
Date and Time
Mozilla has released several CRITICAL and HIGH security updates to address several vulnerabilities in Firefox and Firefox ESR.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- Mozilla Foundation Security Advisory 2016-94 (Security vulnerabilities fixed in Firefox 50.1) at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2016-94/.
- Mozilla Foundation Security Advisory 2016-95 (Security vulnerabilities fixed in Firefox ESR 45.6) at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2016-95/.
AVAILABLE UPDATES FOR:
- Firefox 50.1
- Firefox ESR 45.6
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Exploitation of the vulnerability may allow an attacker to take control of your computer.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer:
- Firefox is setup by default to auto update; and
- IT Security – http://it.ucsf.edu/security