Security Update: BIND Updates Released to Address Multiple Vulnerabilities
Date and Time
The Internet Systems Consortium (ISC) has released updates that address multiple vulnerabilities in BIND.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the vulnerability visit ISC Knowledge Base Articles:
- AA-01439 (CVE-2016-9131: A malformed response to an ANY query can cause an assertion failure during recursion) at https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-01439/0
- AA-01440 (CVE-2016-9147: An error handling a query response containing inconsistent DNSSEC information could cause an assertion failure) at https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-01440/0
- AA-01441 (CVE-2016-9444: An unusually-formed DS record response could cause an assertion failure) at https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-01441/0
- AA-01442 (CVE-2016-9778: An error handling certain queries using the nxdomain-redirect feature could cause a REQUIRE assertion failure in db.c) at https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-01442/0
AVAILABLE UPDATES INCLUDE:
- BIND 9 version 9.9.9-P5
- BIND 9 version 9.10.4-P5
- BIND 9 version 9.11.0-P2
- BIND 9 version 9.9.9-S7
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Exploitation of the vulnerability could allow a remote attacker to cause a denial-of-service condition.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
Users and administrators are encouraged to review the Knowledge Base Article listed above and apply the necessary updates.
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security