Security Update:VMware released CRITICAL security updates for various VMware Products
Date and Time
VMware has released security updates to address CRITICAL vulnerabilities in various VMware Products.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- (VMware) VMSA-2017-0004 - VMware Product Updates Resolve Remote Code Execution Vulnerability via Apache Struts 2 at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2017-0004.html
- Workstation and Fusion) VMSA-2017-0005 - VMware Workstation and Fusion Updates Address Out-of-Bounds Memory Access Vulnerability at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2017-0005.html
- Horizon Desktop as-a-Service Platform (DaaS)
- VMware vCenter Server (vCenter)
- vRealize Operations Manager (vROps)
- vRealize Hyperic Server (Hyperic)
- VMware Workstation Pro / Player
- VMware Fusion Pro / Fusion
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Successful exploitation of these issues may allow an unauthorized attacker to take over the system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
VMware recommends customers to review the patch/release notes for your product and version and verify the checksum of your downloaded file.
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through VMware Security Advisories listed above.